Snow on Green Leaves

I once saw a film that was set in a warm region of the United States. And in the film there was a lovely snow scene that seemed a bit out of character for the area's climate. I didn't suspect any film-trickery at first, but then I noticed that all the trees in the scene still had green leaves. And this detail kind of killed the film for me. Call me a silly realist, but I couldn't help but feeling duped.

Anyway, I was reminded of this film today (and kinda questioned my original reaction) when a little wintry weather broke across Prague. It actually snowed all day - on many green leaves as well as others. This is a little early for us. In fact, I noticed that many people kind of shrugged it off by refusing to don their heavy coats and gloves. The snow didn't accumulate but it's always a pleasant treat in Prague regardless of the month. If you're lucky enough to be here when snow blankets the city, I recommend getting out early to take it all in. There's nothing like walking across Charles Bridge in a fresh snow.




Somewhere in there is Brevnov Abbey, I'm sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment